For some reason I’ve always had one favorite holiday dish and it has never changed! There have been some close contenders but nothing has stolen the first place title from…..
Turkey? Ew. Definitely not.
Stuffing? Oh man it’s gotten close for sure!
None other than the lowly. Cranberry sauce!!!
Sweet & tangy and something of a palate cleanser, it helps everything else go down just a little bit easier.
Now, I grew up creating tiny triangles in my thick slice of canned jellied cranberry sauce. And I have no problem with this rendition but these days I mean towards making many things from scratch and my beloved cranberry sauce has only joined the list.
It’s super easy. The only issue I’ve ever had is not letting it chill long enough. But it was still good, just a little liquidy.
So, here she is and I will say that if you buy a bag of Ocean Spray cranberries you will find this exact recipe on the package 😊
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
12 ounces cranberries
1. Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Use a bigger pan thst you think you need because it gets foamy and the last thing you want to do on Christmas is cleaning sticky cranberry goo off your stove top!
2. Bring to boil; add cranberries, return to boil for 10 minutes, stirring occassionally.
3. Turn off heat, take off burner. Cover and cool completely to room temperature.
5. Then refrigerate for a solid few hours until serving time. I made this on Thanksgiving morning and it chilled all day until dinner time and it was perfect!
6. Enjoy with Turkey, stuffing, ham or just a spoon!! Yum yum!