I’m all about homemade, from scratch sort of things. It may take more time, but to me, that’s half the fun of it! And it’s almost always cheaper, and healthier, so win win!
I saw this recipe and tried it out on the same day, And they were so good. So good I have to share!
If you’re looking for some good rancher approved recipes (meat, potatoes, glutton, dairy, BUTTER, etc ;) check out our favourite recipes
- 1¼ cups flour
- 1¼ cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 t baking powder
- ½ t baking soda
- ½ t salt
- ½ cup salted butter
- 2 T honey
- 2 T molasses
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- ½ t coconut extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a medium pan, warm the butter, honey, molasses, and coconut milk just enough to combine. Add the coconut extract.
- Pour the milk mixture all at once into the flour mixture. Stir until the mixture is gathered into a ball.
- Turn the dough out onto a surface and knead gently, folding and pressing for 12 to 15 strokes. Divide dough into smaller pieces and roll each piece between two pieces of parchment paper to 1/8” thickness.
- Cut with a 2¼” round cookie cutter. Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 10 minutes, or until crackers are slightly crisp.
- -I baked mine on my silicon baking mat because there's Nothing worse than cookies sticking to a cookie sheet!
I tend to only like cookies when they’re fresh. I ate these for a couple days and then was done with them, so ran them through my food processor and got graham crumbs!